Landmark Credit Union's History

In February 1933, a group of employees at Rex Chainbelt Company (later Rexnord Corporation) pooled their funds together to form Rex #2 Credit Union. The goal of creating this not-for-profit financial cooperative was to provide affordable financial services to Rex Chainbelt Company employees.

Over the years, the credit union changed names (Chabelco Credit Union, Rexnord Credit Union) but continued to offer financial guidance along with competitive products and services.

Then, in 1985, the credit union started offering financial solutions to people living or working within the greater Milwaukee area. This event prompted the name change to Landmark Credit Union to better reflect the ability to serve the community at large.

Today Landmark has grown to 32 branches, serving those who live and work in Southern Wisconsin and Northeastern Illinois, but our goal remains the same as it was in 1933 – to provide affordable financial services. We strive to enable our members to become financially self sufficient and successful. In addition, we demonstrate the value and convenience of membership in Landmark Credit Union by daily fulfilling our promise, “You’re worth more here.”